“The Year 2021”
To be perceptive. To be present. To be patient. These are the states I want to practice more of in 2021.
In 2021, I will practice…
- Walking outside every day.
- Cooking and baking more.
- Learning French.
- Following a budget.
- Finding new creative projects.
- Maintaining balance.
- Setting boundaries.
Memories of 2021.
To set a more positive and calm tone for 2021, I rang in the New Year at home with my roommate (and kitty friend) and celebrated the midnight countdown virtually with the Vodka Joyride group. January was intense with the riots at the U.S. Capitol, the second impeachment of Trump, the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, the rollouts of the COVID-19 vaccines worldwide, and the whole weirdness of the whole GameStop versus Wall Street saga. I celebrated my first (and hopefully only) pandemic birthday with my tradition of birthday freebies. My roommates and I did a complete cleaning and redecorating of our apartment to make it fresh for this new era. I signed up for some free trials for meal delivery services and tried out a bunch of new recipes to get more into cooking and baking.
February went by in a flash, it felt! I began starting my days with a morning meditation via Headspace. What exactly happened this month? It snowed during the Lunar Near Year/Galentine’s Day/Valentine’s Day/Singles Awareness Day long weekend. Coronavirus raged on with new variants and restrictions remained in place, so I did what any hero would do in such circumstances — stayed in and binged a ton of shows and online shopped! Oh, and I finally got a haircut after five months! It’s the little things…
Music in 2021.
- Haley Reinhart – Heroes
- Dolly Parton & Barry Gibb – Words
- JP Saxe & Maren Morris – Line By Line
- Ryan Hurd & Maren Morris – Chasing After You
- Olivia Rodrigo – Driver’s License
- Silk City – New Love (feat. Ellie Goulding)
- Martin Garrix – Pressure (feat. Tove Lo)
- Dolly Parton – 5 to 9
- Carole King – Out In The Cold
- Carrie Underwood – Softly And Tenderly
Television in 2021.
- History of Swear Words
- Hudson & Rex
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
- Saturday Night Live
- Kim’s Convenience
- I May Destroy You
- The Flash
Films in 2021.
- Promising Young Woman
- Sylvie’s Love
- 9 to 5
- Pieces Of A Woman
- One Night in Miami
- Malcolm & Marie
- Framing Britney Spears
- To All The Boys: Always and Forever
- What’s Happening, Nina Simone?
- Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry
- Tom & Jerry
- The United States vs. Billie Holiday
- Judas and the Black Messiah
Books in 2021.
- Angie Thomas, Concrete Rose