“Thirty, Flirty & Thriving”
2019 marks my 13 Going on 30 year, or more like 2019 Going on 30.
There’s something about the whimsy and wonder that the character of Jenna Rink represents that I wish to embody in my 30th year and beyond. I want to get out of my head and start leading more with my heart. I want to have confidence in the ability to feel every emotion. I want to continue to work hard towards my ambitions, but also play hard. I want to live my life in living colour, or in other words, to live with unbridled enthusiasm.
It’s fitting that 2019’s Pantone Color of the Year just so happens to be living coral. This lively shade of pinkish-orange is described as an animating and life-affirming hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge. Coming from the offline world of under the sea, coral, a source of sustenance and shelter, provides an antidote of comfort, optimism, and joy to balance out the prevalence of the online world of digital technology and social media in our daily lives.
I’m looking forward to carrying this thirty, flirty, and thriving energy into all of my pursuits in 2019!
In 2019, I resolve to…
- Travel to Germany, Ireland, NYC
- Achieve my career goals
- Finish my reading challenge goal of 19 books in 2019
- Get back into music
- Get back into dance (Harbour Dance Centre)
- Try a new fitness activity
- Learn a new language (Spanish?)
- Write a book
Memories of 2019.
Happy New Year 2019! January marked the start of my thirties…
Live Shows in 2019.
- Michelle Obama in Vancouver on March 21st.
- Carrie Underwood in Vancouver on May 25th.
- Queen + Adam Lambert in Vancouver on July 10th.
Music in 2019.
- Tyler Hilton – City On Fire
- Janelle Arthur – Runnin’ From My Roots
- Sam Smith & Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
- Lana Del Rey – hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but i have it
- Billie Eilish – When I Was Older
- Maren Morris – GIRL
- Gone West – Tides
- Tori Kelly – Change Your Mind
- Dua Lipa – Swan Song
Television in 2019.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Good Place
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- The Flash
- Broad City
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Films in 2019.
- Runnin’ From My Roots (2018)
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)
- Bird Box (2018)
- A Quiet Place (2018)
- Vice (2018)
- 13 Going On 30 (2004)
- A Dog’s Way Home (2019)
- Fyre Fraud (2019)
Books in 2019.
2019: The Year of Living with Unbridled Enthusiasm