“Thirty, Flirty & Thriving”
2019 marks my 13 Going on 30 year, or more like 2019 Going on 30.
There’s something about the whimsy and wonder that the character of Jenna Rink represents that I wish to embody in my 30th year and beyond. I want to get out of my head and start leading more with my heart. I want to have confidence in the ability to feel every emotion. I want to continue to work hard towards my ambitions, but also play hard. I want to live my life in living colour, or in other words, to live with unbridled enthusiasm.
It’s fitting that 2019’s Pantone Color of the Year just so happens to be living coral. This lively shade of pinkish-orange is described as an animating and life-affirming hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge. Coming from the offline world of under the sea, coral, a source of sustenance and shelter, provides an antidote of comfort, optimism, and joy to balance out the prevalence of the online world of digital technology and social media in our daily lives.
I’m looking forward to carrying this thirty, flirty, and thriving energy into all of my pursuits in 2019!
In 2019, I resolve to…
- Travel to NYC (yes!), Germany & Ireland
- Achieve my career goals
- Finish my reading challenge goal of 19 books in 2019 (Done!)
- Get back into music
- Get back into dance (street & social)
- Try a new fitness activity (Yoga! #findyourzen)
- Learn a new language (Spanish?)
- Write a book
Memories of 2019.
Happy New Year! As “Tidying Up with Marie Kondo” fever swept the world, I lived out this first month of 2019 by sparking joy each day. January marked the start of my thirties, which I celebrated with freebies and food on the day of my birthday and a triple birthday party with my birthday buds on that birthday weekend. The Baes celebrated the upcoming birth of a new bae-bae girl with a baby shower. I began street dancing again at Harbour Dance Centre. TV season started up with You, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Good Place, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Broad City, and Victoria. I saw some great movies, including 13 Going On 30, A Dog’s Way Home, If Beale Street Could Talk, On The Basis Of Sex, Roma, The Lego Movie 2, and Miss Bala. New music releases from Tyler Hilton, Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey, Dua Lipa, Florence + The Machine, Tori Kelly, Jenny Lewis, Maren Morris, Sam Smith & Normani were added to my playlists. Awards season began with the Golden Globes, hosted by Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg, in which Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book won big. I tuned into Rent Live as I booked my trip to NYC in March. All in all, January was FYRE.
February kicked off with the most boring Super Bowl in Super Bowl history, but who really cares when you have the Puppy Bowl, the Kitten Bowl, and Adam Levine wearing your godmother’s curtains? In contrast, the Grammy Awards were the best yet. Hosted by Alicia Keys, the show was alive with big female energy from the likes of Kacey Musgraves, Janelle Monae, Dua Lipa, Dolly Parton, Diana RossH.E.R, Cardi B, Lady Gaga, Chloe x Halle, and the one and only Michelle Obama. I listened to new music from Adam Lambert, Haley Reinhart, Ariana Grande, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ellie Goulding, Solange, Maddie Poppe, John Legend, Bruno Mars & Cardi B, Sara Bareilles, John Mayer, Kree Harrison, and Zealyn. I watched Pretty Woman (I know, finally!), Josh Groban Live at MSG on the Bridges Tour (in theatres), How to Train Your Dragon 3, and Isn’t It Romantic. I read books by Cleo Wade, Amanda Lovelace, and Marianne Power. I worked at working out to keep up with Fitness February. I celebrated Galentines with the girls and Valentines with the dogs. I met Angie Thomas on her On The Come Up book tour. I laughed out loud to a couple comedy shows as part of Just for Laughs Fest. I saw Brasstracks at the Imperial. Oh, and it snowed. A lot.
For the first two weeks of March, I returned back to the city where I left my heart – NYC! I hardly got a wink of slumber in the city that never sleeps due to the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. During my New York minute in the city that never sleeps, I took in as much of the sights, parks, photo ops, art, culture, shops, food, Broadway shows (Hamilton, Harry Potter & The Cursed Child, Waitress, and Pretty Woman), live music experiences (Elton John and Jeremy Jordan), and live television experiences as I could. It’s safe to say that I’ll continue to be in a New York state of mind for quite some time. Back in Vancouver, I saw Tori Kelly for her acoustic show at Queen Elizabeth Theatre, and saw Michelle Obama for her Becoming book tour at Rogers Arena. I watched a number of films, including Isn’t It Romantic, Vox Lux, Beyond the Lights, Captain Marvel, Five Feet Apart, Us, and Dumbo. I listened to new music albums from Maren Morris, Jenny Lewis, Haley Reinhart, Ben Platt, and Billie Eilish. I read Daisy Jones & The Six, Shadow Me, Defy Me, On The Come Up, and The Hating Game. I saw the series finales of Broad City and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and began the final season of Jane the Virgin. In order to keep up with the fit-ness I gained from walking the endless streets of New York, I tried a handful of new fitness activities, including cycling, heels dancing, yoga, and pilates.
In April, I celebrated my good friend Sam at her bachelorette party. I saw Michael Buble’s homecoming show in Vancouver and Haley Reinhart in Seattle during the Easter long weekend. I watched Shazam, Missing Link, Unicorn Store, Kong: Skull Island, Guava Island, Penguins, Someone Great, Ibiza, Rough Night, and Avengers: Endgame. I listened to new music albums from Sara Bareilles, Khalid, Lizzo, and Beyonce, and new songs from Ellie Goulding, Maren Morris, Florence + The Machine, Avalon Young, Kelly Clarkson, and Janelle Monae. I read Girl Stop Apologizing and Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis, Amber Tamblyn’s Era of Ignition, and The Huntress. I started watching the new season of The Bold Type, the second season of the revamped American Idol, and the final season of Game of Thrones (despite never having watched the show before – gotta keep up with the water cooler talk!). Between the hyped up Avengers: Endgame finale and the last watch on Game of Thrones, the end of April was action-packed!
In May, I met one of my Idols Carrie Underwood at her Cry Pretty Tour in Vancouver! That same month, I took my mom to see one of her favourite entertainers, Terry Fator of America’s Got Talent fame, in our town for Mother’s Day. In other highlights this month, I saw Little Woods, Wine Country, Uglydolls, Detective Pikachu, The Sun is Also a Star, A Dog’s Journey, The Queen’s Corgi, Rocketman, and Aladdin. I tuned into the season finales for The Flash, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, American Idol, and Saturday Night Live. I listened to new music from Maddie Poppe, Carly Rae Jepsen, Zealyn, Christina Perri, Shawn Mendes, Tove Lo, Ed Sheeran, Adam Lambert, the new American Idol winner Laine Hardy, the Rocketman soundtrack, and more. I read Sally Rooney’s Conversations with Friends and Normal People, How to Hack a Heartbreak, and Dutch Girl: Audrey Hepburn and World War II. I also went kayaking for the first time at Kitsilano Beach and didn’t drown!
In June, I went up to the Okanagan to see one of my oldest and closest friends get married! I reached somewhat of a social turning-point when I was interviewed by Global National for a feature story on loneliness and millennials, which led to me spending quality time with old friends and new friends at restaurants, at events, and in online conversations. concerts and catchups and restaurants with old and new friends. I petted all the corgis at the annual corgi races at Hastings Racecourse. I did the Beyonce #BeforeILetGoChallenge with RSVP33 for their rooftop session. I swing danced the night away in Yaletown, re-igniting my interest in ballroom dancing. I celebrated the Raptors victory in the NBA finals on the streets of Vancouver. I hung out with Tyler Hilton at his concert at the Biltmore Cabaret. I listened to new music from Kevin McHale, Ingrid Michaelson, Haley Reinhart, Kelsea Ballerini, Tori Kelly, Little Mix, Adam Lambert, Brooke White, and Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello. I saw Dark Phoenix, Plus One, Late Night, Men in Black: International, Toy Story 4, and Yesterday. I watched the season finale of The Bold Type. In honour of Pride Month, I binged my new favourite show, Queer Eye.
In July, I spent the hot days of summer going to the beach, seeing the fireworks, and doing yoga in the park. I saw rock legends Paul McCartney and Queen + Adam Lambert in concert. I listened to new music from Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, and Sam Smith. I watched Spider-Man: Far From Home, The Lion King, and The Farewell in theatres. I tuned into the series finale of Jane the Virgin. I finished my 2019 Reading Challenge of 19 books with Oprah’s The Path Made Clear. I said bon voyage to good friends who set sail for new adventures around the world.
In August, I saw songstresses Alison Sudol and Carly Rae Jepsen and Motown legend Smokey Robinson in concert. I listened to new music from Alison Sudol, Taylor Swift, Tori Kelly, and David Archuleta. I binged the third season of GLOW. I watched The Art of Racing in the Rain, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and Blinded By The Light in theatres. I wrapped up the final month of summer in Vancouver with old friends and new friends by celebrating Pride Fest and Mural Fest, embarking on hikes and nature walks at Quarry Rock, Dog Mountain, Burnaby Lake, and the Coquitlam Crunch, and doing puppy yoga and picnics with dogs!
September started with a Labour Day weekend tradition – the Aritzia Warehouse Sale! This prompted me to refresh my fall and winter wardrobe. I continued with the health and wellness momentum by keeping up with my fitness goals with a month’s worth of yoga and dance classes. I attended fun and delicious media events, including a Disney- themed brunch, a visit to the new Catoro cat cafe, the Cats & Dogs exhibit at Science World, baking an apple pie at The Pie Hole, and seeing Margaret Atwood at UBC for her The Testaments book tour. Phoebe Waller-Bridge swept the Emmys with Fleabag, one of my favourite new TV discoveries of the year. I tuned into Kelly Clarkson’s new talk show, the new season of The Flash, the new season of SNL, and the first half of the final season of The Good Place. I watched Can You Keep a Secret?, Paradise Hills, Hustlers, Judy, and Just Mercy. I listened to new music from Lana Del Rey, Tove Lo, Brittany Howard, Kristin Chenoweth, Alessia Cara, Avalon Young, Kelsea Ballerini, Lauren Alaina, Kris Allen, and Adam Lambert. I upgraded to the new iPhone Pro 11 with a better camera and bigger storage space!
October was Oktoberfest in Germany! In a spontaneous move, I went to Munich and Berlin, with an Italian weekend in Milan, for two weeks. Some of the highlights of my trip included beer gardens, Dachau, Neuschwanstein Castle, The Last Supper, Duomo Cathedral, Lake Como, East Side Gallery & the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, TV Tower, the Holocaust Memorial Site, and Potsdam. I listened to new music from Brooke White, Grace Potter, and Niall Horan. I read poetry books from Atticus, Courtney Peppernell and Cleo Wade. I read A LOT of new books this month, including: books from the cast of Queer Eye: Tan France, Karamo Brown, Jonathan Van Ness, and Antoni Porowski; Elton John’s autobiography; children’s books from Paul McCartney and Lupita Nyong’o; and selections from my book club, including “The Moment of Lift” by Melinda Gates, “Homegoing” by Yaa Gyasi, “More Than Enough” by Elaine Welteroth, and “Dear Girls” by Ali Wong. I participated in Vancouver’s Climate Strike with Greta Thunberg in attendance. On Halloween, I dressed up as sushi!
November was a month to remember, with brunch, cocktails, cake, a screening of the Apollo 11 documentary, my first Flyover Canada experience, mini golf at Castle Fun Park, and a bunch of milestone birthdays! I saw Jason Mraz with Raining Jane and the Broadway Across Canada production of Waitress at Queen Elizabeth Theatre. I FINALLY jumped on the television streaming bandwagon by subscribing to Apple TV and Disney+. I started watching The Morning Show and The Mandalorian and finished the Japan season of Queer Eye. I watched The King, Harriet, Midway, Lady and the Tramp, Little Women, Frozen 2, and Joker. I listened to new music from Harry Styles, Dua Lipa, Kate Voegele, and Bryan Greenberg. I kicked off the holiday season by partaking in some Black Friday deals and steals!
December is the time for the Christmas season! I read Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic Christmas. I listened to new Christmas music from Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Lea Michele, Pentatonix, Haley Reinhart, David Archuleta, Michael Buble, John Legend & Kelly Clarkson, Alessia Cara, Tyler Hilton, Ellie Goulding, Adam Lambert, Tori Kelly, Christina Perri, Ingrid Michaelson & Jason Mraz, Little Mix, and Kacey Musgraves. I watched some new classic Christmas movies, including Last Christmas, Noelle, A Christmas Wish, and A Very Corgi Christmas. I watched the new seasons of The Crown and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Live Shows in 2019.
- Brasstracks at The Imperial in Vancouver on February 27th.
- Elton John at Madison Square Garden in New York City on March 5th.
- Hamilton at Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City on March 6th.
- Waitress at Brooks Atkinson Theater in New York City on March 7th.
- Harry Potter & The Cursed Child at Lyric Theatre in New York City on March 10th.
- Jeremy Jordan at The Town Hall in New York City on March 11th.
- Pretty Woman at Nederlander Theatre in New York City on March 12th.
- Tori Kelly at Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver on March 16th.
- Michelle Obama at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on March 21st.
- Michael Buble at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on April 12th.
- Haley Reinhart at The Crocodile in Seattle on April 22nd.
- Terry Fator at Hard Rock Casino in Coquitlam on May 4th.
- Carrie Underwood at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on May 25th.
- Tyler Hilton at the Biltmore Cabaret in Vancouver on June 19th.
- Paul McCartney at BC Place in Vancouver on July 6th.
- Queen + Adam Lambert at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on July 10th.
- Alison Sudol at Fox Cabaret in Vancouver on August 6th.
- Smokey Robinson at the PNE Amphitheatre in Vancouver on August 23rd.
- Carly Rae Jepsen at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver on August 29th.
- Margaret Atwood at The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts in Vancouver on September 26th.
- Jason Mraz & Raining Jane at Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver on November 8th.
- Waitress at Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver on November 12th.
Music in 2019.
- Tyler Hilton – City On Fire
- Janelle Arthur – Runnin’ From My Roots
- Sam Smith & Normani – Dancing With A Stranger
- Billie Eilish – When I Was Older
- Dua Lipa – Swan Song
- Florence + The Machine – Moderation
- Ariana Grande – thank u next
- Ariana Grande – break up with your boyfriend, i’m bored
- Chloe x Halle – Down
- H.E.R – Hard Place
- Brandi Carlile – The Joke
- Cardi B & Bruno Mars – Please Me
- John Legend – Preach
- Alicia Keys – Raise A Man
- Adam Lambert – Feel Something
- John Mayer – I Guess I Just Feel Like
- Kree Harrison – I Love The Lie
- Ellie Goulding – Flux
- Maren Morris – GIRL
- Jenny Lewis – On The Line
- Jenny Lewis – Red Bull & Hennessy
- Haley Reinhart – Lo-Fi Soul
- Haley Reinhart – Honey, There’s The Door
- Brooke White – Livin’ On A Prayer
- Bryan Greenberg – Troubled Mind
- Ben Platt – Sing To Me Instead
- Ben Platt – Ease My Mind
- Billie Eilish – when we all fall asleep, where do we go?
- Billie Eilish – bury a friend
- Kevin McHale – Help Me Now
- Sara Bareilles – Amidst the Chaos
- Sara Bareilles – Armor
- Khalid – Free Spirit
- Khalid – Talk
- Elise Testone – This Is Love
- Elise Testone – Flying High
- Lizzo – Cuz I Love You
- Lizzo – Juice
- Lizzo – Truth Hurts
- Ellie Goulding – Sixteen
- Ellie Goulding – Hollow Crown
- Maren Morris – Kingdom of One
- Florence + The Machine – Jenny of Oldstone
- Lauren Alaina – Breathe Again
- Avalon Young – Big Mood
- Beyonce – Before I Let Go
- Kelly Clarkson – Broken & Beautiful
- Janelle Monae & Kelly Clarkson – Unbreakable
- Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road
- Maddie Poppe – Whirlwind
- Maddie Poppe – Made You Miss
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Dedicated
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Now That I Found You
- Carly Rae Jepsen – No Drug Like Me
- Zealyn – A Weekend in Maine
- Zealyn – Enjoy Your Holiday
- Rocketman Soundtrack
- Taron Egerton – Rocket Man
- Elton John & Taron Egerton – (I’m Gonna) Love Me Again
- Jes – Love You
- Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You
- Nick Fradiani – Empire
- Diplo – Win Win (feat. Tove Lo)
- Aazar – Diva (feat. Swae Lee & Tove Lo)
- Christina Perri – Tiny Victories
- Alison Sudol – The Runner
- Sara Bareilles – Shiny
- Haley Reinhart – Dreams
- DeAndre – Tell It Like It Is
- Adam Lambert – New Eyes
- Scarypoolparty – Out Loud
- Laine Hardy – Flame
- John Legend – We Need Love
- Kevin McHale – Boy EP
- Kevin McHale – James Dean
- Ingrid Michaelson – Stranger Songs
- Ingrid Michaelson – Freak Show
- Avalon Young – These Girls
- Haley Reinhart – Bulletproof
- Haley Reinhart – It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over
- Haley Reinhart – You Send Me
- Dan + Shay – Speechless (feat. Tori Kelly)
- Kelsea Ballerini – Better Luck Next Time
- Little Mix – Bounce Back
- Adam Lambert – Comin’ In Hot
- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – Senorita
- Ed Sheeran – No. 6 Collaborations Project
- Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care
- Ed Sheeran & Khalid – Beautiful People
- Sam Smith – How Do You Sleep?
- Beyonce – Spirit
- Zealyn – So Damn Charming
- Tori Kelly – Inspired By True Events
- Tori Kelly – Change Your Mind
- Taylor Swift – Lover
- Taylor Swift – The Archer
- Alison Sudol – Moonlite EP
- Alison Sudol – If Patience Doesn’t Kill Me
- A Fine Frenzy – Almost Lover
- David Archuleta – Paralyzed
- Ben Platt – Rain
- Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell
- Lana Del Rey – hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but i have it
- Lana Del Rey – Looking For America
- Tove Lo – Sunshine Kitty
- Tove Lo – Glad He’s Gone
- Alessia Cara – This Summer
- Alessia Cara – Okay Okay
- Avalon Young – Superbloom EP
- Avalon Young – These Girls
- John Mayer – Carry Me Away
- Kris Allen – 10
- Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying (“10” Sessions)
- Adam Lambert – Velvet EP
- Adam Lambert – Superpower
- Brittany Howard – Jaime
- Brittany Howard – Stay High
- Kristin Chenoweth – For The Girls
- Kristin Chenoweth & Dolly Parton – I Will Always Love You
- Kelsea Ballerini – Homecoming Queen?
- Lauren Alaina – Getting Good
- Renee Zellweger & Sam Smith – Get Happy
- Brooke White – Calico
- Brooke White – Calico
- Grace Potter – Daylight
- Grace Potter – Love is Love
- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon – Almost Heaven
- Niall Horan – Nice To Meet Ya
- Harry Styles – Fine Line
- Harry Styles – Lights Up
- Sam Smith – I Feel Love
- Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
- Kelsea Ballerini – Club
- Bryan Greenberg – 36 Hours EP
- Taylor Swift – Beautiful Ghosts
- Nick Fradiani – Must Be Another Way
- Kate Voegele – French
- Lea Michele – Christmas In The City
- Idina Menzel – Christmas: A Season of Love
- Kristin Chenoweth – White Christmas
- Michael Buble – White Christmas
- David Archuleta – Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
- Haley Reinhart – Santa Baby
- John Legend & Kelly Clarkson – Baby It’s Cold Outside
- John Legend – Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
- Alessia Cara – Make It To Christmas
- Tyler Hilton – Drunk On Christmas
- Little Mix – One I’ve Been Missing
- Ingrid Michaelson & Jason Mraz – Christmas Valentine
- Christina Perri – I’ll Be Home For Christmas
- Adam Lambert – Please Come Home For Christmas
- Tori Kelly – Angels We Have Heard On High
- Ellie Goulding – River
- Kacey Musgraves – All is Found
- Kacey Musgraves & Troye Sivan – Glittery
Television in 2019.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Broad City
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Arrested Development
- The Good Place
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Flash
- Saturday Night Live
- Game of Thrones
- American Idol
- The Bold Type
- Queer Eye
- Jane the Virgin
- The Kelly Clarkson Show
- The Morning Show
- The Crown
- The Mandalorian
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Films in 2019.
- Runnin’ From My Roots (2018)
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)
- Bird Box (2018)
- A Quiet Place (2018)
- Vice (2018)
- 13 Going On 30 (2004)
- A Dog’s Way Home (2019)
- Fyre Fraud (2019)
- Fyre (2019)
- On The Basis of Sex (2018)
- Roma (2018)
- The Lego Movie: The Second Part (2019)
- Miss Bala (2019)
- Pretty Woman (1990)
- How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019)
- Isn’t It Romantic (2019)
- Vox Lux (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- Beyond the Lights (2014)
- Five Feet Apart (2019)
- Us (2019)
- Dumbo (2019)
- Shazam! (2019)
- Missing Link (2019)
- Unicorn Store (2019)
- Kong: Skull Island (2017)
- Guava Island (2019)
- Penguins (2019)
- Someone Great (2019)
- Ibiza (2018)
- Rough Night (2017)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Little Woods (2019)
- Uglydolls (2019)
- Wine Country (2019)
- Pokemon: Detective Pikachu (2019)
- The Sun is Also a Star (2019)
- A Dog’s Journey (2019)
- Rocketman (2019)
- Bastille Day (2016)
- The Queen’s Corgi (2019)
- Aladdin (2019)
- Always Be My Maybe (2019)
- Booksmart (2019)
- Dark Phoenix (2019)
- Plus One (2019)
- Late Night (2019)
- Men in Black: International (2019)
- Toy Story 4 (2019)
- Yesterday (2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
- The Farewell (2019)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain (2019)
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)
- Blinded By The Light (2019)
- Can You Keep A Secret? (2019)
- Paradise Hills (2019)
- Hustlers (2019)
- Judy (2019)
- Just Mercy (2019)
- Last Christmas (2019)
- The King (2019)
- Harriet (2019)
- Midway (2019)
- A Very Corgi Christmas (2019)
- Lady and the Tramp (2019)
- Noelle (2019)
- Little Women (2019)
- Frozen 2 (2019)
- A Christmas Wish (2019)
- Joker (2019)
Books in 2019.
- Marie Kondo, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- Dogs on Instagram
- Cleo Wade, Heart Talk
- Cleo Wade, Where to Begin
- Amanda Lovelace, The Mermaid’s Voice Returns In This One
- Amanda Lovelace, To Drink Coffee With a Ghost
- Marianne Power, Help Me
- Taylor Jenkins Reid, Daisy Jones & The Six
- Tahereh Mafi, Shadow Me
- Tahereh Mafi, Defy Me
- Tahereh Mafi, Reveal Me
- Angie Thomas, On The Come Up
- Blythe Roberson, How to Date Men When You Hate Men
- Rachel Hollis, Girl, Wash Your Face
- Rachel Hollis, Girl, Stop Apologizing
- Amber Tamblyn, Era of Ignition
- Sally Thorne, The Hating Game
- Kate Quinn, The Huntress
- Sally Rooney, Conversations With Friends
- Sally Rooney, Normal People
- Kristin Rockaway, How to Hack a Heartbreak
- Kristin Rockaway, The Wild Woman’s Guide to Traveling the World
- Robert Matzen, Dutch Girl: Audrey Hepburn & World War II
- Oprah Winfrey, The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life’s Direction and Purpose
- Queer Eye: Love Yourself, Love Your Life
- Antoni Porowski, Antoni in the Kitchen
- Tan France, Naturally Tan
- Jonathan Van Ness, Over the Top
- Karamo Brown, Karamo
- Melinda Gates, The Moment of Lift
- Yaa Gyasi, Homegoing
- Courtney Peppernell, Pillow Thoughts III: Mending the Mind
- Atticus, The Truth About Magic
- Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic Christmas
- Margaret Atwood, The Testaments
- Elaine Welteroth, More Than Enough
- Lupita Nyong’o, Sulwe
- Paul McCartney, Hey Grandude!
- Elton John, Me
- Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl
- Ali Wong, Dear Girls
2019: The Year of Living with Unbridled Enthusiasm